| || |
For weeks now, I have been trying to find a great low carb pizza crust recipe that does not include using cauliflower. I love cauliflower, and I use it a lot, it's just that when I'm craving pizza, I want something that comes as close as possible to the real deal. I initially tried recipes using just almond meal for the flour replacement, and I found that these crusts were more like making pizza on a graham cracker crust. Tasted great, but maybe I'll just modify it for a dessert crust (low carb cheesecake anyone?).
What you'll need:
1 1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup coconut flour
4 tbsp. psyllium husk
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Servings: 8 slices (crust only)
Nutrition info.: per slice: 17.1 g of fat (4.1 g saturated fat), 244 calories, 23.2 g of carbohydrates, 17.4 g of fiber, 6.9 g of protein
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the eggs, olive oil and coconut milk to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Transfer dough to a well-oiled 14 inch pizza pan and spread out to cover pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until crust is browning and pretty hard to the touch.
- Remove crust from oven and add your choice of pizza toppings.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.