| || |
These ranch flavored roasted chickpeas make for a great savory/ crunchy snack. Chickpeas do contain carbs, but they're also loaded with protein and fiber, so they're the "good" kind. This also means they're pretty filling for a snack, and are great to keep on hand for when the savory snack craving hits.
I've seen a few recipes out there for roasted chickpeas, and I've been playing around with different flavors. This one kind of reminds me of ranch flavored corn nuts (which are a definite no-no). So read on for the recipe, it's really simple and involves about 5-10 minutes of prep time.
What you'll need:
2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
2 tbp. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. mustard powder
1 tsp. dill weed
1 tsp. dried chives
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Serving size: 1/4 cup
Number of servings: 16
Nutrition info.: 7.3 g fat (0.9 g saturated fat), 223 calories,
31.2 g carbohydrates, 8.8 g dietary fiber, 5.6 g sugars, 9.8 g protein
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except the chickpeas into a large bowl and whisk.
- Add the chickpeas to the bowl and gently mix.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (I also line with parchment paper) and spread the chickpeas out evenly.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until the chickpeas are hardened/ crunchy. Mix/ turn over after about 25-30 minutes for even roasting.
- Let cool and serve.
Enjoy, and have fun playing around with flavors if you feel like it. I have a tasty soy ginger version in the works that I'll be sharing soon!